The cats depend on us to make their stay here as healthy and happy as possible. Volunteers work 365 days a year and are extremely dedicated. We ask for a minimum commitment, but we are very flexible and can accommodate most schedules.
If you are using Safari, Chrome or Firefox, please click here for our Volunteer Application Form. If you are using Explorer, please DO NOT use that form but instead please click here to download the Word version of the Volunteer Application or here for the PDF. You can send the completed applications to Volunteers@HappyCatsHaven.org.
To volunteer at Happy Cats Haven, we ask that you:
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older (teens 12-17 can volunteer with parental supervision…or help us from home)
- Be able to commit to 8 hours of service per month
- Be able to commit to scheduled volunteer times
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for long periods while working directly with the cats
- Attend required training classes
- Be able to work independently with limited supervision (after training)
HCH Volunteer Positions
- Direct Cat Care: socializing, cleaning colonies, adoption counseling, play therapy, clicker training, etc.
- Office Admin Support: phone & email support, mailings, cat followups, etc.
- Medical Support: must have previous experience or currently attending vet tech school
- Fostering: providing shelter, care & socializing for cats or kittens who need it. See our Feline Fosters program for an application.
- Transportation: taking cats/kittens to vet appts and/or to adoption fairs & events
- Shelter Outreach: fundraising events, adoption fairs, marketing, social media, etc.
- TNR assistance: care for outside cats by becoming a Colony Manager or by training others; help trap cats for surgeries or train others for trapping; help distribute food to needy families
- Grantwriting: help research and write grants for funding
- Donor Support: help nurture our donors through written, online & telephone connections
- Hands-on: sewing/crafts, building maintenance, carpentry, etc.
- Teen Cat Corps: volunteer with parental/guardian supervision for socializing and/or play or clicker therapy
Getting started as a volunteer:
- Submit a Volunteer Application (see how to, above). The Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation scheduled by the Volunteer Coordinator. You will learn about the volunteer positions available at HCH and our policies, plus get a tour of the Haven. We will try to match your preferences with our volunteer needs.
- Attend a training session. Once you have chosen a volunteer position, the Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to schedule this.
- Make a commitment. A 2 hour per week, 3 month commitment is suggested for most volunteer positions, but there are also some flexible options.
[PLEASE NOTE: use this form ONLY if NOT on Internet Explorer, as that browser will not transmit it to us]