Expectations of HCH volunteers:
- It is vitally important that volunteers show up for their shifts. The cats and kittens are depending on you.
- While volunteers come to HCH because they love cats, HCH volunteers must also be able to work well with other people and present the cats well too.
- For everyone’s protection, volunteers must use the safe cat handling techniques taught in the required training.
- All tasks have specific procedures. Volunteers should adhere to these procedures unless a staff member directs them otherwise. If you have suggestions for improving any procedure, please feel free to discuss them with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Once volunteers know their work routines, they are expected to work with minimal supervision. Following through on tasts ensures the cats are receiving the best possible care. The Volunteer Coordinator is always available to answer questions.
Back to the Volunteer page