At Happy Cats Haven, our focus is on making life better for cats. Cats are not just small dogs. They are both biologically and behaviorally very different, and so have different physical and emotional needs than dogs do.
At the heart of our Five Cat Wishes is the concept of seeing the world through our cats’ eyes. This is the foundation for everything we do.
We believe that stress is the biggest killer of cats in any shelter system. As trustees of each of these little lives in what is likely the scariest situation where any cat finds himself or herself, it is our duty to do everything we can to lower their stress so they can become more adoptable.
As a Feline Friendly Shelter, for all cats in our shelter as well as all cats everywhere, we pledge:
- To ensure that all our cats have ready access to fresh water and a feline appropriate diet to maintain full health and vigor.
- To provide a feline appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- To keep all our cats free from pain, injury or disease through prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- To provide the freedom to express normal feline behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of other matched cats and kittens.
- To provide freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.